Hey to all my lovely subscribers and readers, hope everyone is doing well. I decided to do a more personal post this time round just to let you know my hair plans for the rest of the year. I suffered a minor setback recently because my hair was severely tangled at one point so whilst detangling I lost a lot of hair. As my hair gets longer and thicker I sometimes struggle with detangling especially from six weeks post relaxer and beyond (this is my biggest challenge). In an earlier post I had said that I would be applying my Wura’s Secret Hair Growth Oil to my hairline as well as to the rest of my scalp (more regularly) so that I can have a more fabulous head of hair for the New Year (which is almost upon us by God’s grace).
The rules of the challenge are listed below and you can join me in challenging yourself to stick to these rules as well.
1. Do a pre-shampoo or hot oil treatment before washing and conditioning my hair every two weeks. (You can wash/condition weekly this may be more effective)
2. Moisturise and seal my hair daily. (You can moisturise/seal every other day if this suits you better)
3. Oil my scalp with Wura’s Secret Hair Growth Oil every two – three days concentrating on my edges. (You can use other oils like jojoba oil, castor oil as long as you do so consistently)
4. Keep my hair in buns, french twists and other protective styles to retain length at least 4-5 times a week. (You can do longer term protective styles such as weaves, braids. Just be sure to moisturise/seal and oil the scalp as often as you can – if your hair is in a weave try to go under the tracks. It is important to take the style down latest after three weeks – a month to wash/condition).
5. I will not use any form of heat to style my hair in the form of flat irons, blow dryers and such.
|My hair in a textured state, it has not been straightened to reflect the actual length|
Duration – 3 Months
Start Date: 7th October 2012
End Date: 7thJanuary 2013 (In the Bible seven is the number of completion and perfection)
You can print out the rules and stick them somewhere you can be reminded of them. You can start with a trim, I have already done a slight trim on my hair. I will relax at the end of December or early January.
By the New Year we will have healthier and longer hair. Feel free to send your before and after hair pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us grow together.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason – Author Unknown