Hope my precious lovelies are all fine and well (and enjoying this fabulous November weekend). Let me be the first to congratulate you on the fact that we have made it to the end of the Birthday Hair Growth Challenge. The end date was 26th October 2013; hope everyone found it to be the most rewarding experience. Let me do a quick recap on the rules of this challenge and how I fared:
1. I definitely started the challenge with a very good trim.
2. We were to wash and condition our hair every one or two weeks. I think I did not quite meet up with this rule because there was some weekends I was very busy but I still washed my hair a great deal.
3. I however did a pre shampoo/hot oil treatment every time I washed my hair.
4. We were to moisturise and seal our hair every day or every other day. Again this was average for me because there were times when I did not do this.
5. I did not oil my scalp every other day as well although I did oil my scalp on some occasions.
6. I did a lot of protective styles and definitely kept the rule of this challenge in protective styling at least 5 times a week with mostly buns I did not wear a wig as much. I actually protective styled all through the challenge so yay for me!
7. I also kept this part of the challenge in not using heat on my hair and hardly ever used my monthly heat pass.
8. I stretched my relaxers to at least 10 weeks so this part of the challenge was accomplished.
9. The optional part of the challenge which was the green house effect method was scarcely done by me due to time constraints.
Now let me share with you my results from the Birthday Hair Growth Challenge, remember I said that I wanted a fuller bun just the way my bun used to be before I cut my hair, so here are the results…
|This is my before picture, I had just relaxed my hair and cut it|
|This is the after picture, my hair is due for a relaxer which will stretch it out more. (NB. I put on all the lights yet the picture is still quite dull, apologies!)|
I used the same elastic band for both pictures but it is really slack now. I will do a follow up post to this challenge after I have relaxed my hair and I will redo the bun. However I am very happy with my results my hair has really grown, it has regained its fullness in a bun and I am quite enjoying it as this length. I will definitely post the results of my flat ironed hair once I get a relaxer.
Currently I am still accepting your before and after pictures, although I have received a few I want to give everyone a chance to win the fabulous price which is our Wura’s Secret Hair Growth Oil – Extra Strength Formula. Remember that this is for people who have a Lagos delivery address. (Also to qualify to win you should have liked our facebook page). Kindly send your pictures to email@example.com. I will give you all till the 20th of November 2013 to send in your photos because I have received some emails from people who are waiting to get their hair relaxed before sending them in. As I also need to get a relaxer to post final pictures I can relate to this.
Please let me know how you all fared in the comment section below.
“Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more,
Men were deceivers ever,
One foot in sea and one on shore,
To one thing constant never.
– William Shakespeare, Much Ado about Nothing.