Hey lovelies, forgive me for the inconsistent posts, I will try to do better by you and I definitely have some new posts in store for you all. I just wanted to do a quick post on this lovely shampoo I discovered after looking through the ingredients and eyeing it in the stores on several occasions. To be honest I have been using it every single wash day to properly cleanse my hair and so far I have been loving it.
It is described on the bottle as being a therapeutic herbal formula which gently removes build up and impurities, thoroughly cleansing the hair and scalp. Your hair is left feeling squeaky clean, silky, more manageable and with an exhilarating and fresh smell. Enriched with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Shea Butter, hair receives a healthy boost of moisturisers that soften, condition and detangle.
Some of its ingredients include water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Polyquarternium-10, Shea Butter, Soy Bean Oil, Corn Oil, Olive Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Silk Amino Acids, Mink Oil, Egg Powder, Milk Protein, Honey.
Its directions state that you should – wet hair and apply a generous amount of the Shampoo. Work into a lather, gently massaging scalp. Rinse and Repeat and be sure to remove all traces of shampoo from hair.
1. This product cleanses the hair without being very stripping. In fact I can say that it does not lather up too much almost like a non-sulfate shampoo.
2. It works as a great detangler, I can usually detangle my hair with this shampoo in. As soon as I apply it my hair feels good.
3. It is easily available in Nigeria and can be found in most shops, markets and so on.
4. It is reasonably priced depending on where you get yours from.
5. One of the best things about this shampoo is that it is gentle on the hair and does not leave the hair feeling too stripped while still removing product build up.
6. It contains a lot of natural ingredients that our hair loves although they are further down the list of ingredients.
7. It contains the right amount of protein to add strength to the hair while still being moisturising and conditioning at the same time. Sometimes after using it I seriously contemplate the need for a conditioner.
8. It can be used on relaxed, texlaxed, natural and even children’s hair as it is a Kid’s shampoo.
1. I do not particularly like the smell it reminds me of synthetic purple grape. However it is a kids shampoo and I am sure the scent is aimed at them. This should not deter you however, as it smells better than most products.
2. It contains a few ingredients which may not be necessarily beneficial to the hair such as parabens. If you are very ingredient conscious this is something to take note of.
3. It has a quite runny consistency which results in some of it slipping out of my hands when I want to apply it to my scalp.
Rating – 4.8/5 (Very Good) I definitely recommend this product.
Kindly share your experience with this product if you have used it or if it is something you would be willing to try? If you try it do let me know how it turns out. Also please share other sulfate shampoos that you have tried and loved. If you are not sure whether your shampoo is a sulfate one simply check the list of ingredients.
“People have to forgive. We don’t have to like them, we don’t have to be friends with them, we don’t have to send them hearts in text messages, but we have to forgive them, to overlook, to forget. Because if we don’t we are tying rocks to our feet, too much for our wings to carry” – C. Joybell C.