Hi to all my lovely readers and thanks to all my new followers for joining. I just wanted to give you all a quick update on what I have been up to – hair wise. In keeping with the rules of our Birthday Hair GrowthChallenge I have kept my hair in a protective style for over a month. Yes dears I have been wigging it and I have been enjoying every moment of it. I do not even really miss my hair except on some days. Here are some pictures of the wig I have been wearing however I need to get another one soon. If anyone knows where I can get good quality lace wigs kindly share.
This method is very quick and easy for me and gives me the versatility and low maintenance I crave while ensuring that my hair stays protected. During this month I have been been following the rules of the challenge as listed below:
|Here the wig is styled in an updo it took me a while to achieve this look|
1. I have been moisturising and sealing daily with my Wura’s Secret Hair Moisturiser, Hollywood Beauty Olive Crème and sealing with Wura’s Secret Hair Growth Oil or plain old Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
2. I have been washing my hair with a non sulphate shampoo and then I used a sulphate shampoo mixed with some water as well on some other washes. For conditioners I have been using a mixture of Wura’s Secret Whipped Penetrating Moisturising Deep Conditioner, Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise, with some Wura’s Secret Hair Growth Oil. Other times I have used the Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner or Elasta QP DPR 11+ in the mix as well.
3. I have been laying off the heat, there was no need for me to use heat anyways as my hair was always corn rowed underneath the wig.
4. I have been oiling my scalp as much as I can every other day with Wura’s Secret Hair Growth Oil or Coconut oil.
5. I have however not been doing a pre-shampoo treatment or the green house effect as often as I would have liked.
Anyways I should be relaxing my hair at the end of this week and I am looking forward to it. Once I have done this I will make sure to oil my scalp every other day (I will be more consistent) and to do more pre shampoo treatments/hot oil treatments and the green house effect as well.
How has your hair been doing and how has the challenge been for you? It is not too late for anyone who still wants to join or you can still follow the rules without joining the challenge itself for a healthier head of hair.
I will like to thank you all for you lovely emails and comments and encourage everyone to keep commenting so we can all learn. Kindly share what have you been doing to your hair this past month?
Have a splendid week loves.
Fairest and best adorned is she whose clothing is humility – James Montgomery